Presented by the Canadian para-alpine ski program
Come out and try a few days of entry level ski racing at a Carving the Future camp near you! Alpine Canada would like to invite you to learn what ski racing is all about!
– To bring skiers who want to learn more about ski racing together on snow.
– To teach athletes what is required to be a ski racer and what it takes to become the next Paralympic champion.
– To provide an opportunity for coaches to learn more about ski racing and the unique elements of coaching para athletes.
– Improve your free-skiing
– Learn to and/or improve your skiing in gates
– Work with a national-team coach
– Learn how to take care of your ski equipment
– Participate in a race
– Assist in coaching and supporting athletes
– Help carry equipment
– Provide feedback to athletes
– Learn how a para-alpine athlete trains
– Opportunity to lead on-snow sessions
– Provide own ski equipment. *Helmets are mandatory*
– To be able to comfortably ski a blue run without assistance or supervision. If this is something you are uncomfortable with, you are welcome to bring an assistant to help you.
– To cover the cost for your own transportation to the hill as well as your lift tickets, food and accommodation required for the camp.
– Signed liability waiver (can be completed ahead of time with registration or day of event)
To register for any event or for more information, please contact:
Para-Alpine Athlete Development Coordinator